Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Beginning

This isn't actually the beginning since I have been taking pictures of broken bikes for the last few years. The problem has been with "serious" photography equipment, I don't take it with me everywhere I go and so I may come across an awesome broken bike but have no camera. Now with my handy-dandy little Zire71, I've got that resolved.


My thing with broken bikes is that they all have such personality. Each has its own unique flavor and intriguing story. I met a guy that did a whole photography art show in SF featuring his pictures of broken bikes. As for me and my blogs, this is nothing so spectacular. This is simple and speculative in nature.


One thing NYC has a lot of are broken bikes. Here begins my attempt to capture as many on digital film as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home